Girl in Bionic Suit 2005: The pain is fresh
.
Monday, July 18
The pain is fresh

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” John 11:25-26

We love you, Granddad. We miss you so much.

Granddad passed away on Thursday morning. It happened so fast; when the ambulance came, the medic told us that he was brain dead for ten minutes. When I touched him, he was cold. I knelt down by his side. I held his hand and kissed his forehead. I didn’t really know what to do next. He was there, but he was gone.

Everything after passed in a blur. There were so many things to do and settle; by evening, the wake was already set up. I was kept busy. I saw to everything else that my parents and aunts had not done. I kept vigil at nights. I refused to think of anything else other than the things that needed to be done.

But when I was alone, I thought of Granddad and I cried. I hated the tears, because I didn’t cry, and I didn’t want to.

I’m so guilty I didn’t accompany him more often. And now, I miss him so much.
posted by redshot on 18.7.05

3 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

sorry to hear that, rei. my thoughts are with you :hug:

19.7.05  
Blogger sway said...

hey babe, sorry to hear that

20.7.05  
Blogger damsie said...

i dunno wat to say...
*hug hug*

21.7.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005

resources