Girl in Bionic Suit 2005: This is not like what you think
.
Thursday, February 3
This is not like what you think

The dreaded days are less than a week away. Dee says that I have an irrational dislike of the CNY (Chinese New Year), which I assure you, is not true at all.

I do not have an irrational dislike of the Festival of red packets, generous trays of snacks and bowls of sweet desserts.

In fact, it is like an un-birthday party at the Mad Hatter's; you get to eat as much as you want for a good legal reason, and the food never runs out. Even though they do add a ton of weight to my body mass, and give me that killer sore throat which would totally waste any amount that I collect from the red packets, to the GPs.

I am just not that chummy with the unavoidable house visits. Such boisterous greetings and irrelevant gossiping conversations, awkward questioning of the elders, blaring of the TVs, and those rowdy bullying / crying of the kids, all eight hundred decibels too harmful for my ears.

Though the decisive reason might be that, with less than five days to go, I still have not the fitting clothes (and shoes) to wear, which would make me look less like the fat ass that I am.

I hate dislike CNY.
posted by redshot on 3.2.05

3 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Yeah, I've never been much into the Chinese New Year thing. I'm more excited about Mardi Gras!!

6.2.05  
Blogger redshot said...

The carnival and parades and cakes ! Definitely way more exciting than the CNY house visiting. No doubt about it.

7.2.05  
Blogger redshot said...

Okay now, I know what you are thinking, yan ...

9.2.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005

resources