Girl in Bionic Suit 2005: One year later
.
Monday, February 7
One year later

I trying to street skate (again) was like a high school student attempting a college Physics Paper.

Last night after doing a couple of straight skates, we boldly ventured where we had not skated before: the dessert place seven minutes' walk away.

Fifteen minutes later, I stopped short of a street from the finishing line; the last stretch was too hazardous for the high school kid to tackle.

There was zero point satisfaction. Not coz I didn't reach the predetermined destination, but that I cheated.

My skate nanny had to hold my hands up and over the slopes, across the rough patches, and around the obstacles. He might as well have pulled me along on a sledge.

Shame on me.
posted by redshot on 7.2.05

2 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

You have a skate nanny? That's awesome...

7.2.05  
Blogger redshot said...

My skate nanny's free (in both senses). Perhaps that's why he's not very good at coaching, except when it comes to pulling me along.

He's an excellent skater though.

8.2.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005

resources