Girl in Bionic Suit 2005: Knowing is not the beginning of healing
.
Wednesday, February 2
Knowing is not the beginning of healing

This is a little embarrassing, and may come across as a surprise, but despite penning about it more than a couple of times, really, the only expert thing I can do on my skates is to stand. I run better than I skate, and I don't run enough to be good at it either. I walk bus-stop distances though. But always stop before I perspire. Perspiration is for real exercisers.

Now that I see myself type these things out loud, I am beginning understand the reasons for the size of my calves, the bulge of my belly, and that number on the waist measuring tape that I've always refused to acknowledge.





I think I've just been crushed under the weight of the truth. I shall go stuff my face in the CNY goodies now.
posted by redshot on 2.2.05

3 Comments:

Blogger redshot said...

I am so ignoring that. *going for more CNY snacks*

4.2.05  
Blogger darth said...

stand? thats how i wrecked my knee last october! i couldn't even STAND expertly..i was just trying to be cool and stand in the parking lot..when..BAM..i went down..one leg off at a scary angle...1st day on the new skates too.

5.2.05  
Blogger redshot said...

OUCH.

5.2.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005

resources