Girl in Bionic Suit 2005: Being on wheels
.
Friday, January 28
Being on wheels

The wind was more willful there, like it was, when it was blowing by the sea. It was strong enough to nudge me along on my skates, while I stood there feeling it in my face. Before whipping strands of hair across my face, as I made a turn for the opposite direction under the last block of the row.

That was partly why I loved skating. I loved the wind in my face, and the distance that I could never cover if I was running / jogging instead of skating.

A hiatus of almost a year, with rare breaks in between, had rendered me completely paralyzed on wheels. Couldn't stand on my own, having to take baby steps sideways going down an almost non-existent slope, being paranoid of narrow spaces etc. But this had, at least, had me feeling a little accomplished today when I held my own for some extended distance without doing it as precariously as I had did previously.

The skating was good, and the big fat wind was a bonus. I was doing to do it again.
posted by redshot on 28.1.05

1 Comments:

Blogger redshot said...

Lecter = That dog which skates ... ?

Nah.

28.1.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005

resources